How can I disassemble NVS135 in D630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to everyone,

This is my first post and I'm hoping you guys could help. I recently got an NVS display error in my dell d630 however before i could update the video driver the screen just appeared black with vertical white stripes (pressing f2 on booting showed blue screen with white stripes). I searched around and saw a possible temporary solution of getting my laptop working again, by manually disconnecting the NVS135 video so that the onboard video could take over. However, browsing the dell support pages did not turn up anything on disassembling the NVS135. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks in advance! :confused:

You can go to the Dell Support site, (www.dell.com, then click on support) then enter your service tag number off the left hand column, and you will find a number of choices... One of those allows you to download or print a users guide and schematics... Using that guide, you can remove the keyboard and get access to the NVS... It will also have more information on what you want to do... You will need a quality #1 philips screw driver, a container in which you can save screws, and a pencil and paper to record where they go.
You can also (usually) buy the replacement video card for NVS on eBay for a very reasonable price most days.

thanks for the reply guys. i did try looking it up at dell's site however the user's guide and schematics did not cover the video card part so even when i lifted the keyboard off i couldn't discern which it was. If i only had an idea what it looked like i could try unplugging it from the board. :)

Search eBay for "Latitude D630" and you will see the video card... not everyday... but most days of the week there are some for sale, as well as motherboards rendered defective by bad video chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back