How do I burn .cue and .bin files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Not sure if there is a forum for this, but i really need to know what to do.

I have some .cue and .bin files and I would like to know how to burn them to dvd? I have Nero, and it will not let me do this. says it has to be a cd-r/rw. how can i burn them to a dvd. thanks!

Hawkeye

You burned them as data? Burning these files is not the same as burning a regular data CD.

For your Nero, do you have Nero StartSmart? Find the task called "Burn Image to Disc". Once you select that option, browse to where your .bin/.cue files are located and burn. The .cue file is an index file, that contains layout information. The .bin file contains the actual data. You will be selecting the .cue file when you burn.

There are many other ways to burn these types of files, and a lot of different software to do it. I won't expand on that now, we'll just stick with the Nero software that you have.

Nero will burn bin/cue just fine. Open it up and close any popup wizard crap. Then go to File Open and open up the cue.

I tried that, i got the cue file in the wondow, from the burn image to disc. and the blank dvd is in there. i press start, and a pop-up comes up, and says, please
insert correct disc, or change settings to allow disc in drive. im not sure how exactrly to do that. and also, i have some blank dvd's and i noticed that it burns them at maximum, and my drive is 8x, and the dvd's are 16x, how can i put it down to 8x, so my drive can read them?

thanx

Hawkeye

yes i have smartstart, and no i did not burn them as a data dvd. THey are still sitting on my desktop, lol.

Hawkeye said:
Not sure if there is a forum for this, but i really need to know what to do.

I have some .cue and .bin files and I would like to know how to burn them to dvd? I have Nero, and it will not let me do this. says it has to be a cd-r/rw. how can i burn them to a dvd. thanks!

Hawkeye

Hi

Do you have a CDRW unit as well as DVDRW unit ?

In Nero you have to choose which unit you want to use to burn, if its set to CDRW unit it wont burn DVD's ..

Go to Recorder >choose recorder..

If your DVDRW is not shown then Nero doesnt support it, you will need to visit the website and download the update for it.

If you only have a DVDRW and Nero see's it Ok then you have a different issue, what version of Nero do you have, mine doesnt show the ability to create any kind of DVD and is version 6.3.1.17.

Regards

I have Nero OEM. It came on the disc that came w/ the dvd burner. and it picks up me drive but it has [cd-r/rw] beside it. and i don;t know why! its driving me nuts. and yes i have a a dvd burner, and a cd burner. on the startsmart window, it has a drop box w/ cd, cd/dvd, dvd options.

Hawkeye said:
insert correct disc, or change settings to allow disc in drive.

I get that sometimes too. I insert a DVD-R disc when I'm about to burn something, but then Nero sees it as a DVD-ROM instead. It then ejects my drive and asks me to "insert correct disc". Then I just insert the same disc that was just ejected, and this time Nero sees it as the DVD-R that it is and proceeds with the burn process. Try that.

Hawkeye said:
i have some blank dvd's and i noticed that it burns them at maximum, and my drive is 8x, and the dvd's are 16x, how can i put it down to 8x, so my drive can read them?

Unless there is a very unique compatibility problem between the drive and the discs, it should work just fine. The DVD blanks you have can support burn speeds up to 16x, which means it's not limited to only 16x. If your drive's maximum is 8x, then it will still burn 16x DVD blanks, but at 8x.

I may be wrong here, so please correct me if I am ....

The bin and cue format is for CD and not a format that can be burned to DVD.

I have never had a DVD bin and cue image, only ISO.

Failsafe is correct.

BIN/CUE are a raw disk image, so therefore the target for burn has to have the same raw geometry (tracks/sectors) as the original.

In this case, a DVD will not work- you'll need a CD to burn that bin/cue to match the original media it came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back