How do I copy existing admin user account to normal user account

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLambie

I am trying to create a non admin user account, which I know how to do the simple way, however I have been using the admin user account for a while now however I want to transfer/copy program setting, etc to this knew user account.

so I want to: create a non admin user account which is duplicate of the current existing admin account but from her on to install software etc I install under admin account.

I am using Vista too

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
David Lambie

I would
> Create the new profile with admin privileges
> Transfer stuff things to the new profile (see here)
> Then remove admin privilege from the new account

kinda understan

After done this I would do part of below as this I copied from the admin default account.

"If you have e-mail messages in an e-mail program, such as Windows Mail, you must import your e-mail messages and addresses to the new user profile before you delete the old profile. If everything is working properly, you can delete the old profile."

Now will all the software, gams ,etc work through this new profile however of could have to config my email, etc but I would have to reinstall stuff like my anti virus software would I?

Reason I want to transfer stuff is more for security I guess - even though I am only one using the computer or do I even need to worry about virus atcking curtain user profile as if I got an virus I would just have to delete new use profile and or are user profiles just for more than one person using the computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back