How do I delete spam in Yahoo?

learninmypc

SPAM.JPG
Just recently I've been getting spam in my yahoo inbox & as you can see, there is NO box to click to check it for "spam" (Should be to the left of the name Lending Tree). When I hover the mouse (cursor) over the spam buttom I get a red circle with diagonal red line meaning it can't be done. Any ideas?
BTW, I don't do business with them either. TIA. :)

I would see if this occurs in a different browser. Is the box there for regular messages?

Hmm, I just signed in to my account. It isn't happening on all my mail, it is however happening on that one 'sponsored' ad which just happens to be the same one you are seeing... are you SURE it is happening on every message?
hMVSlWf.jpg

Looks normal to me. It is a sponsored advertisement, not going to be able to get away from that. Perhaps Yahoo just implemented it and that is why you haven't seen it before.

Gmail does it too:
oS1pGVd.jpg

That is just the 'price' we pay for having free email. Pay for a mail service and your emails won't (or less likely) be scanned and you won't have sponsored messages displayed.

It's very simple. In the LHS pane, you can see the Spam folder (just below Sent and above Trash folder). Double-click the Spam folder, you'll see all the spam mails and messages on your screen. Select all the mails and click on Delete button. All the mail messages will be deleted.

Regards.

You must have missed the part about it being the inbox folder not the spam folder. It looks as if the OP has their answer. Answer being sponsored ads can't be flagged as spam. At least that is how I'm reading into it.
Yes, you are very correct @cliffordcooley . I know how to get rid of it in the spam folder, but as previously mentioned, it shows in my inbox with NO box to click on.

OK,

I learned the use of the opt-out cookies are set to not allow them to send you an advertisement. To learn more about it, go to Google and search for it, it is not hard to understand and once you get started it will send you to other sites that put the cookies on your computer that stop the ads from displaying.

I learned about this many moons ago and have done it all my computers. When the ads are there is just says this ad cannot be displayed... I wish I had the links, but it is easy to find the information and just follow them around and opt-out of the advertising, found this to be a superb way of dealing with ads I am tired of following me around with what I was just looking at on amazon, etc.

Good Luck.. I hope that helps!

OK,

I learned the use of the opt-out cookies are set to not allow them to send you an advertisement. To learn more about it, go to Google and search for it, it is not hard to understand and once you get started it will send you to other sites that put the cookies on your computer that stop the ads from displaying.

I learned about this many moons ago and have done it all my computers. When the ads are there is just says this ad cannot be displayed... I wish I had the links, but it is easy to find the information and just follow them around and opt-out of the advertising, found this to be a superb way of dealing with ads I am tired of following me around with what I was just looking at on amazon, etc.

Good Luck.. I hope that helps!
Have you by chance read ALL of this thread? I'm just curious. Thank you. :)

Back