How do I get DirectX10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

Hey everyone,
My computer has directX9.0 installed on it at the moment but my graphics card says that it supports 10.1. I am running Windows XP 32 Bit, not 64. Would I need to upgrade to 64 Bit or would I need to go to Vista? Or is there someway that I can install directX10 right now?
Thanx

From what i heard , you need Vista for Dx10 features. I am using xp myself 32bit and also have directx10 cards, but no directx10 because no vista.

Vista, Vista, Vista...

Thats really too bad, for I bet it would run better on our XP versions anyways. Oh wells most the stuff is Vista :( but I think I will wait a while anyways and stay with XP until I know Vista is relatively bug free.
Thanx for the reply :D

Yeah, I personally think Microsoft made DX10 Vista exclusive for an incentive to upgrade...there *may* be programmers out there who work up modifications for it to run on XP, but if they exist :), they are far from perfect, or even beta.
*No illegal stuff at Techspot*

Thanks for the link portalreaf, I haven't tried it to quite yet but one of my friends had said it worked good for his version of Vista. All of the posts by everyone have been helpfull. Really cool. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back