How do I know how many megs I upload/download in a day online

Status
Not open for further replies.
After days of research I'm going to be switching to Wildblue Satellite from dial-up. My only concern is the FAP.

I plan to get the Pro package so I have higher limits. I sell on eBay 6 days a week, 8 hours a day. I must upload photos with my auctions. The only downloading is updates to my program.

Before I commit I need to find out how much I actually upload and download on an average day. I may not need the bigger package or I may need to wait until I can afford Hughesnet instead.

Are there any free programs online I can get to keep track of this for the next few days or is there a way I can figure this out on my computer itself?

Thanks,
Blake

With that much use, why not go broadband? I've seen DSL packages as low as $15 a month.

You can see how much you download on your isp's website. You will need to call them and get a username and password. Then you can log in and view excactly how much you upload/download at any given time (in real time).

Regards,

Korrupt

thanks

I would LOVE Broadband, but we live in the boonies and it is not available. My ISP told me they did not offer the upload/download info to their customers because it was unlimited anyway. My old ISP did. I downloaded the free program suggested and it's working great - thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back