How do I manually update steam client?

treetops

I download the 1.5 mb install, load it, it updates once. Then it goes to update again and in about 4 minutes it says you have no internet connection. But I do have a internet connection. So I need a link to download and manually install the steam updates. I am on my girlfriends computer that has never had steam successfully installed. The internet works fine I have downloaded about 15 gb of data in the last week.

That glitchs comes up a lot with me also. It is an issue with Steam and if you have the latest version, you may have to ignore it or download the beta version. Download (stable release) is located here.

That glitchs comes up a lot with me also. It is an issue with Steam and if you have the latest version, you may have to ignore it or download the beta version. Download (stable release) is located here.
Yeah thats where I got it from I have tried about 12 times, uninstalled the little bit that stuck reinstalled nothing is working for me I just made a ticket but I was hoping someone here might know where I can download the updates myself and install them.

Please back up or move your steamapps folder before you uninstall Steam.

There is no installer for full Steam that I know of. Try:

- Turn off firewall, or go into advanced Windows firewall and enable all instances of steam.exe
- Use the '-tcp' flag on the exe

Ty for the responses.

@jc
Same thing happened.

@LNC
I never got steam to work so the apps I think your talking about, games aren't on their yet but good looking out.

@stick
Tried turning off firewall and anti virus. No luck

I added it like this I think its right.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -tcp

I think the main problem is that I am using my cell phones internet. But I was hoping I could still make it work.

Still not working.

Everything else from my phones net works fine.

Back