How do i reduce the usage of PF Usage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i CTRL-ALT-DEL - a window pops up, i go 2 performance and the PF Usage of always around 86.9, sometimes 100MB, sometimes 90.0MB. - how do i reduce the usage of that so that it comes down to about 50MB?? i ended some processess and i already have ended few services and startup, what else can i do??? and what is the PF Usage? what does it do? and whats it for?

Perhaps you could give us a more descriptive explanation.
Why are you pressing <CTRL><ALT><DEL> ? in lieu of more standard closures?

alih786 said:
when i CTRL-ALT-DEL - a window pops up, i go 2 performance and the PF Usage of always around 86.9, sometimes 100MB, sometimes 90.0MB. -
heck, that's a great number -- I've got 43 processes and PG commit charge of 371M/1428M.

the 86-100m is just what is being used, not have much is paged per second which is the real issue for performance.

how do i reduce the usage of that so that it comes down to about 50MB??
what's so special about 50mb? why is this your target?

You're doing well with what you have so smile and move on (ie ignore it) :) :wave:

The PF Usage number does not show how much of the pagefile you are using. Really, it doesn't. To get an idea of the real pagefile usage, you have to subtract the amount of your physical memory from this value.

So unless you have less than 100MB of RAM, your pagefile is not being used in any mentionable amounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back