TechSpot

How do I run multiple cameras for live streaming on my computer?

By Sunshinewilly
Jan 28, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I am interested in starting an online live interactive cooking lesson series. I want to stream the lessons for 15 - 25 people using a video conferencing program (goto meeting, VeaMea, Cisco Webex...not sure which one yet) through our laptop.

I want to have two or three cameras running through my laptop that i can toggle through. One would be a wide shot of me and the kitchen. Another would be a close up of the cutting board to demonstrate cutting techniques and one camera mounted above the stove for when i am cooking. I want to be able to change cameras with a click of the mouse during the lesson and then be able to change back.

Can I hook up 2 or 3 cameras to my laptop (Intel core i3-380m with 6 gig ddr3) and accomplish what i want to do, or is there no way in heck that this little laptop is powerful enough? I am currently looking at high quality usb HD webcams.

Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated. If this is not the best forum and you know a better one, please advise. Thanks,
    Willy

2. Sunshinewilly

Sunshinewilly TS Rookie Topic Starter

Seems nobody has an answer to this question. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get an answer? Anyone, please?

3. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TS Booster Posts: 902   +39

Something like this?

Active WebCam captures images up to 30 frames per second from any video device including USB, analog cameras, TV-boards, camcorders, and from network IP cameras.

The program performs simultaneous recording and broadcasting from unlimited number of cameras.

http://www.pysoft.com/ActiveWebCamMainpage.htm

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.