How do I transfer all my bookmarks and favorites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have purchased a new computer and don't want to lose the bookmarks I have saved on my old computer. How do I transfer all my bookmarks and favorites from the old computer to the new one short of writing each one down separately??

Thanks for your help......

C

Hello, chiriru, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, are you using IE or firefox :) or anything else ;)

it's ok, i'd say you're in the right forum :) i put that link for all new people ;)

in firefox if you click on bookmarks and organize bookmarks then click on file and export then you can save them to a file and then you can transfer that file to the new pc and import it through the organize bookmarks again (the import button is above export :))

For me, the easiest thing to do was to download foxmarks. It keeps all your bookmarks on their server, and you can upload them to whatever computer you have that is using firefox.. You can synchronize all your bookmarks, so that all your computers have eachothers bookmarks in them. Here is a link to download foxmarks.
http://www.foxmarks.com/

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back