TechSpot

how do u disable touch pad mouse click

By yyiiyyii
Mar 4, 2007
  1. how do u disable touch pad mouse click

I have a touch pad mouse on my laptop and if u touch the pad it clicks and if u move your finger on the pad it moves the mouse. I am fine with the moveing i dont like the clicking, if i want to click something i can use the mouse buttons for that

2. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +8

hi yiiyyii,

there should be a setting in your mouse properties control panel. labeled "enable tap to click" (or something similar).

since you wish to disable the feature, I assume that you're "clicking" by accident. you can probably solve that problem by reducing the touchpad sensitivity (same control panel).

personally I can't do without that feature when using my laptop. I don't have the patience to move my finger over to the buttons ;)

cheers :wave:

3. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Hint: you are supposed to push the buttons with your thumb

4. yyiiyyii

yyiiyyii TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 105

i dont see that setting are u sure it there and if so can u post a screen shot

5. Nodsu

Don't you think that different laptops just miight have different programs on it?

What kind of a laptop do you have? Do you have the touchpad software installed?

6. yyiiyyii

yyiiyyii TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 105

i think in XP the mouse options should be the same

although for the recored i have a HP DV6052US notbook

7. Nodsu

The default XP mouse options do not have any Touchpad options. You need to install drivers/software for your Touchpad that will create an appropriate page in the mouse setup applet.

8. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +8

sorry, I assumed that your laptop already had the enhanced drivers already installed from the factory... I guess not. I couldn't find your specific model number (DV6052US) on HP's site, but after selecting a few similar model #'s it appears that they use the same touchpad driver (although you should verify that before downloading/installing it):

--->Touchpad Driver<---

:wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.