TechSpot

how do u disable touch pad mouse click

By yyiiyyii
Mar 4, 2007
  1. how do u disable touch pad mouse click

I have a touch pad mouse on my laptop and if u touch the pad it clicks and if u move your finger on the pad it moves the mouse. I am fine with the moveing i dont like the clicking, if i want to click something i can use the mouse buttons for that

2. KingCody

KingCody TS Guru Posts: 1,568   +7

hi yiiyyii,

there should be a setting in your mouse properties control panel. labeled "enable tap to click" (or something similar).

since you wish to disable the feature, I assume that you're "clicking" by accident. you can probably solve that problem by reducing the touchpad sensitivity (same control panel).

personally I can't do without that feature when using my laptop. I don't have the patience to move my finger over to the buttons ;)

cheers :wave:

3. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

Hint: you are supposed to push the buttons with your thumb

4. yyiiyyii

yyiiyyii TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 108

i dont see that setting are u sure it there and if so can u post a screen shot

5. Nodsu

Don't you think that different laptops just miight have different programs on it?

What kind of a laptop do you have? Do you have the touchpad software installed?

6. yyiiyyii

yyiiyyii TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 108

i think in XP the mouse options should be the same

although for the recored i have a HP DV6052US notbook

7. Nodsu

The default XP mouse options do not have any Touchpad options. You need to install drivers/software for your Touchpad that will create an appropriate page in the mouse setup applet.

8. KingCody

KingCody TS Guru Posts: 1,568   +7

sorry, I assumed that your laptop already had the enhanced drivers already installed from the factory... I guess not. I couldn't find your specific model number (DV6052US) on HP's site, but after selecting a few similar model #'s it appears that they use the same touchpad driver (although you should verify that before downloading/installing it):

--->Touchpad Driver<---

:wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.