How do you video-call with Facebook messenger for Android?

rodion15

I've installed the facebook messenger app in my Asus Zenfone 2 but I don't see any video icon when I start a chat. Shouldn't there be a camera icon to start the video call?

This may or may not answer your question but on my iPad in the messenger thingy I do see a microphone icon by where you type your message. Is that what you're looking for?
""EDIT"" In the top right corner, I also see a camera icon & phone icon,the camera icon is like this,only smaller
bfa_video-camera_simple-black_512x512.png

Last edited:
This may or may not answer your question but on my iPad in the messenger thingy I do see a microphone icon by where you type your message. Is that what you're looking for?
""EDIT"" In the top right corner, I also see a camera icon & phone icon,the camera icon is like this,only smaller
View attachment 80458
I don't have that icon, I have a mic, pic, camera, etc icons but not a camera one. Thanks anyway. I'm in Slough, near London.

Last edited:
Open your messenger find people or friend who also using messenger you can easily see with blue icon
Now on particular person chat on left side you see the icon of I click on it here you see the option video call, audio call and many more

Open your messenger find people or friend who also using messenger you can easily see with blue icon
Now on particular person chat on left side you see the icon of I click on it here you see the option video call, audio call and many more
Perhaps a screen shot would help because I followed your directions on my iPad & it don't show what you say. If the iPad is different, I apologize.

Perhaps a screen shot would help because I followed your directions on my iPad & it don't show what you say. If the iPad is different, I apologize.
I have provide you step by step solution for asus Zenfone not for iPad
Here is the way for iPad
Open particular person chat and see the image below
ipad.png
Now click on the red circle icon
you see the rest option for ipad Video call

Yes, & I was simply trying to help by showing what icon(s) I had. I truthfully didn't know I had hijacked a thread.

I don't have that icon, I have a mic, pic, camera, etc icons but not a camera one. Thanks anyway. I'm in Slough, near London.
I don't see the camera icon wherever I tap, thanks anyway. I guess here in Berkshire (near London) we have all capabilities. Thanks anyway.WIN_20150704_010910.JPG

I downloaded the facebook app on my phone. On there , you will have access to voice and video calls. The app is called messenger with a lightening sign on it.

Back