How good is Ghost 12 with Vista imaging???

Status
Not open for further replies.

phkhgh

Need imaging util for Vista. Can get Ghost 12 free after rebates, bundled w/ Partition Magic (have it) & Internet Security (you can have it).

What's the word on Ghost 12 & Vista (or any other company's drive imaging util)? Does it have problems?

I have Ghost 9 & 2003 - used on W98 / XP, but honestly never had to restore an image, so don't really know how good it would have been.

Honestly, don't know there'd be any difference in support from Symantec (fairly non-existent) and a free imaging utility. May be differences in ease of use & accuracy. Ease of use is important to me, but accuracy is more important. Doesn't matter if something like this is free, if it doesn't work right.

Thanks.

Try Acronis True Image...

I think they have a Vista version. I stopped using Ghost years ago

Thanks Tmagic650,
Care to share your experience why you stopped using Ghost & why you now like (I assume) True Image? I am interested.

Yes, True Image & Ghost both have "Vista compatible" vers, but those are just words on paper.

I was using a hard drive install utility from Seagate that used Acronis True Image. I was so impressed with the speed and ease of use, that I went out and purchased a copy of Acronis True Image Home.

Ghost is just the opposite. I found it clumbsy and very slow to use at best

I second that. I used ghost and it failed for me. Acronis has made good image backups on my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back