How I can format this hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I have been traying to errase data in my computers through disk partition. I managed to format one computer hard disk but the other one when I got it long time ago I guess I put the password. I can't format the disk as it requres the password. It is a long time since I put the password if I did can't recall much. So is there any way I can crack the password or I have to buy I new hard disk? I want to put some new staff but no much room to play around and there a lot of things I don't use and don't need no more. I could use your help

Uhh, I don't get what you mean...

are you trying to format from Within windows?

Download the utility from your manufacturer, it will come with no restrictions... (boots straight into DOS...)

Or just use Fdisk and remove the partitions on that drive... That should bypass any restrictions...

if you just want to reformat the whole drive i would agree fdisk is the easiest way to go and start from sctatch. if you need to find a password i would try the LC4 program from @stake. there is a free trial that should get you out of your spot. try http://www.atstake.com/

Line, you mention two computers, are you talking about a password to enter the bios ?

Is it a user name password?

I dont understand what you mean by needing a password to format a drive?
What software are you trying to format the drive with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back