How I Lost Money From Steam Holiday Sale

?

Is Steam right in charging me a different price bracket for new zealand?

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
By misor
Dec 23, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. My sister who works in new Zealand came home for the holidays.
    she gave me a gift in the form of 100$ u.s., steam wallet, using a credit card issued in new Zealand, for which she will be billed 100$ u.s. from her new Zealand address.

then I bought total war grand master collection listed on steam holiday sale at 41.24 $.
    I never checked that the purchased amount deducted from my steam wallet was different from the actual listed price on holiday steam sales until I received a receipt for my steam purchase.

Total War Grand Master Collection Nov 2012 52.49 USD
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subtotal: 52.49 USD
    Tax: 0.00 USD
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total: 52.49 USD
    Payment Info:
    Steam Wallet 52.49 USD
    Confirmation Number: 1715042054119050322
    Date confirmed: Sat Dec 21 03:46:23 2013

my questions to steam support:

further messages:

awaiting further response from steam support.

if I'm not mistaken, last july 2013 steam sales, I was very happy for purchasing left4dead bundle for about 7$+.
    with my recent purchase, I am not. I lost 11.25$ (from the listed price of 41.24$ and charged 52.49$)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  2. misor

misor TechSpot Addict Topic Starter Posts: 764   +118

Update 2:

my identity as a registered steam account and the circumstances surrounding the purchase of the 100$ steam wallet were verified.

until now my request was repeatedly denied:
    re: restoration of the 11.25$ to cover the price difference between the 41.24$ listed price of "total war grandmaster collection" and the charged 52.49$

I received a reply stating that my store is now restored to PH.

in the spirit of the holiday season, I requested again that the 11.25$ be restored as I'm not rich. :)
    (I hope that gabe newell is reading this)
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,082   +1,184

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.