How I Lost Money From Steam Holiday Sale

Is Steam right in charging me a different price bracket for new zealand?

1. yes

1 vote(s)
  2. no

1 vote(s)
By misor
Dec 23, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. My sister who works in new Zealand came home for the holidays.
    she gave me a gift in the form of 100$ u.s., steam wallet, using a credit card issued in new Zealand, for which she will be billed 100$ u.s. from her new Zealand address.

then I bought total war grand master collection listed on steam holiday sale at 41.24 $.
    I never checked that the purchased amount deducted from my steam wallet was different from the actual listed price on holiday steam sales until I received a receipt for my steam purchase.

Total War Grand Master Collection Nov 2012 52.49 USD
    Subtotal: 52.49 USD
    Tax: 0.00 USD
    Total: 52.49 USD
    Payment Info:
    Steam Wallet 52.49 USD
    Confirmation Number: 1715042054119050322
    Date confirmed: Sat Dec 21 03:46:23 2013

my questions to steam support:

further messages:

awaiting further response from steam support.

if I'm not mistaken, last july 2013 steam sales, I was very happy for purchasing left4dead bundle for about 7$+.
    with my recent purchase, I am not. I lost 11.25$ (from the listed price of 41.24$ and charged 52.49$)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  2. misor

misor TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 1,157   +195

Update 2:

my identity as a registered steam account and the circumstances surrounding the purchase of the 100$ steam wallet were verified.

until now my request was repeatedly denied:
    re: restoration of the 11.25$ to cover the price difference between the 41.24$ listed price of "total war grandmaster collection" and the charged 52.49$

I received a reply stating that my store is now restored to PH.

in the spirit of the holiday season, I requested again that the 11.25$ be restored as I'm not rich. :)
    (I hope that gabe newell is reading this)
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

That sux!