How long can someone survive without food?

Archean

A Swedish man, found in a car buried under snow, says he survived for two months without food by eating handfuls of snow. But how long can people go without food?

_58601646_jex_1326290_de27-1.jpg

Surviving 2 months on snow and little food is not an experience anyone would want have !

Wow thats pretty impressive. I never questioned the conventional wisdom of ~1 month. Twice that is something new. Suppose it depends a lot on how fat you were to begin with. I'm sure an obese person would survive much longer without food than an ultramarathoner.

Wow thats pretty impressive. I never questioned the conventional wisdom of ~1 month. Twice that is something new. Suppose it depends a lot on how fat you were to begin with. I'm sure an obese person would survive much longer without food than an ultramarathoner.

Me being super thin? Hmmmm.. my chances are low. :haha:

So he only ate snow? You'd think if starvation didn't get to him, the sickness from that filthy snow would've. So gross.

Snow isn't filthy, if its discolored then yes, but snow itself is pretty safe. Although, you being from Florida probably explains your comment.

I suppose hes not consuming much energy sitting in car, but shivering takes some energy yeah every so often I see stories where people survive longer then a month without eating and what is it 3 days without water? Hmm here is a water chart goes from 2-10 days based off the weather. In the summer out here you wouldn't last long.

Back