How long can someone survive without food?

By Archean
Feb 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,419   +281

Wow thats pretty impressive. I never questioned the conventional wisdom of ~1 month. Twice that is something new. Suppose it depends a lot on how fat you were to begin with. I'm sure an obese person would survive much longer without food than an ultramarathoner.
  2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 6,034   +70

Now that is an intriguing hypothesis, but a very plausible one.
  3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,867   +74

When I was 15 and moved out, I had only Ramen for a year....so i'm going to say a year.
  4. abe10tiger

abe10tiger TechSpot Paladin Posts: 782   +10

Me being super thin? Hmmmm.. my chances are low. :haha:
  5. penn919

penn919 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 151   +12

So he only ate snow? You'd think if starvation didn't get to him, the sickness from that filthy snow would've. So gross.
  6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,419   +281

Snow isn't filthy, if its discolored then yes, but snow itself is pretty safe. Although, you being from Florida probably explains your comment.
  7. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,649   +51

I suppose hes not consuming much energy sitting in car, but shivering takes some energy yeah every so often I see stories where people survive longer then a month without eating and what is it 3 days without water? Hmm here is a water chart goes from 2-10 days based off the weather. In the summer out here you wouldn't last long.
  8. dms96960

dms96960 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 220   +19

Sure hope he wasn't eating yellow snow.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.