TechSpot

how much time do you spend here?

By bradthegreat
May 14, 2006
Post New Reply
  1. Just wondering how much time everyone spends surfing the forums and such. I say that I spend about 30-45 mins every day on the 'Spot.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

That`s quite a good question.

I think I probably spend more time here than anyone else.

However, I can`t say with any accuracy, how long that is.

I guess it`d be somewhere around 12 hours+ per day.

Edit: If you take today as an instance. I logged on at about 2:30pm uk time and I`m still here and it`s currently 3:40am.

Regards Howard :)

3. bradthegreat

bradthegreat TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 141

wow, howard. what do you do for a living? most impressive.

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Unfortunately, I don`t do anything for a living. I`m disabled due to a car accident several years ago.

That`s why I can spend so much time here.

Regards Howard :)

5. Spike

Spike TS Rookie Posts: 2,371

I can sometimes spend very little time here for a few days. On average though, I'm probably second only to Howard and sometimes Don in the time I spend here, being anywhere between 6 hours and 10 hours a day. I've had the odd 12 hour day myself :)

6. Boogityboo04

Boogityboo04 TS Rookie Posts: 351

Only 1-2 hours for me.

7. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,212

I'm probably about the same....depends on the day.

8. altheman

altheman TS Rookie Posts: 541

I spend about an hour, but Howard clearly holds the crown.

9. Lekki_Sheep

Lekki_Sheep TS Rookie Posts: 168

I'm on-call, so it'll depend on how the day goes, but thus far I'd say a good five hours. I like to try and help when people appreciate the gesture. I don't get much gratitude from the end users where I work.

10. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,446   +324

I browse first thing in the morning (PT) ~10-20 minutes

11. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,630   +321

I spend less time on here than I probably need to. Probably half an hour or so. I check out about 5 of the forums in depth, and the others I just skim. Hoping the other mods watch them better than I.

12. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,598

I'm somewhere over 2-3 hours a day on average and work full time. I check my "in box" in the morning at 6am and fire off a few replys. When I arrive at work, at 7:30am, I check again for responses or something really interesting in Today's Posts. At lunch I'll pop in for maybe an hour (shhh, sometimes more if it's a busy TS day and not so at work). When I get home I log in and can spend 2 or 3 hours or more. My longest time here was a Saturday a few weeks ago. I logged in at 5am and logged off at 9pm, 16 hours and I don't know..40 posts?
    :wave:

Edit: PS, But that is nothing compared to Howard and I remember being on at some ungodly hour (for me at least) and Howard was there and he had been there before i went to sleep and he was there when I went back to sleep and woke up again. That morning I PM'd him and asked him if he ever sleeps.
    The man's a machine!!

13. danswebs

danswebs TS Rookie Posts: 65

I would say around 2-3 hours a day

14. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,566

Yah, I'm another one who is logged on pretty much all day. I seem to go through waves of posting frenzies.

My job is typically an 11-12 hour day, full of meetings. I usually have about 1/2 to 1hr breaks between meetings, so I log in and do what I can to help out. A nice little hobby, and I have learned SO much just from hanging out and doing what I can. Great form of self-study really.

15. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Varies, on average I'd say about an hour a day.

It will be less for a couple of weeks starting next week as I move to another apartment where I won't have ADSL until the second week of June or so.

Right now I'm typing from work because I have nothing else to do :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.