How to back up w2k.

By 3DD
Apr 29, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi people..................

I have just clean installed w2k on my c: partition.
    I stupidly thought because my progs and apps were installed on D: partition i wouldn't have to do much.............. :blackeye:

Well of course i have still had to reinstall progs like office/pub/gfx drivers etc etc. i had these located on D: partition but what did i do wrong?
    I didn't back up or could i have?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Questions
    1>Can someone explain to stupid me the advantage in backing up to another partition and how to do that?
    2> Also how to back up the correct info like "config info" so i will not have to reinstall again?

I have searched this great site and found some info.......and of course been through the w2k help files and still clueless.

many many thanks.
    :)
  2. Elros

Elros Newcomer, in training Posts: 34

You could use a tool such as Norton Ghost to image the C: drive when all your apps are installed. THen just keep this image on D:, to restore whenever/whereever. ;)

This would probably be expensive though, although there might be open source equivilant apps on the market. (I don't know of any off the top of my head though). :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.