How to burn a CD/DVD multiple times?

By abbasi
Dec 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,
    Consider I have a raw (unused) CD/DVD. I want to burn some data in it. My data only gets about 20% of the capacity of that CD or DVD. Maybe some time in future I want to add some more data on that. How can I burn that primary data to that CD to be able to add more in future?
    Is it possible to do that work with only Windows built-in apps or I should surely use some other apps like Nero?
    My machine: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,424   +281

Yes, it is possible with the built in stuff in Windows. When you insert a blank disc it asks if you want to use it like a USB drive or like ... something else, I forget right now and I'm not on a Windows machine. Choose USB.

If you don't get that message, then you'll need to reset the actions or whatever happens when you insert a blank cd/dvd.

Sorry I don't have the specific details, hopefully someone else will chime in with those. But, if you haven't told windows to not prompt you when you insert a blank disc then it will give you that option (to choose use like a USB) and that is what you want to pick.
    abbasi likes this.
  3. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,358   +167

4. abbasi

abbasi TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 297   +12

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.