TechSpot

How to convert MS Office 2007 from trial to full version

By Kirei Blossom
Jan 23, 2010
  1. Hi,

My laptop came installed with MS Office 2007 trial. I tried to activate and convert to the full version, so when I clicked on "Purchase key online" it opens up a browser window, but it stays blank and nothing happens after that.

Anyone else experience this problem? how do I purchase the key then if the site isn't working...

2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,059   +76

Hmm instead of going to their site to purchase just an activation code; I'd prefer to go to a store and buy the whole package (whichever you may want profession/standard etc. etc.) with media and all the stuff. But then its just me.

3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

4. Kirei Blossom

Kirei Blossom TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 175

But if I already have the trial version, shouldn't it cost less to convert to full rather than buying the whole thing from scratch? anyone know the price comparision?

I was hoping to just purchase it online. Saves so much hassle.

I went to the site manually, but I have no idea what to do on there. Isn't there a space where I can enter it some ID from my trial version etc to get the full pack?

5. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

You don't get a discount when going from the trial to the full version. At best you'll get a discount if you decide to skip the physical media & just download the software.

6. Kirei Blossom

Kirei Blossom TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 175

is there a phone number I can contact? I have the trial version CD. That's got to count for something, especially since it has its own Serial number?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.