TechSpot

how to convert powerpoint to dvd

By bradthegreat
Aug 29, 2006
  1. my question is simple - I want to convert my powerpoints to dvd burnable material so I can put them on dvds and give them to people who can in turn watch them on their TVs.

is there a good way to do this, ideally for free? has this topic already been discussed elsewhere?

2. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 TS Rookie Posts: 272

try downloading this: http://www.geovid.com/Presentation_to_Video_Converter/

convert your powerpoint files into an Mpeg file and then burn it onto a CD. Then play it on an Mpeg compatible DVD player. Or once you converted your powerpoint file to Mpeg you could then converter that file with a Mpeg to DVD converter.

3. bradthegreat

bradthegreat TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 141

that looks like a good deal. I dunno about the price tag though !! :0 I'll see what features the free download has to offer

4. Speedle

Speedle TS Rookie

I have Presentation to Video Converter. Yeah it costs, but it's very useful. I can convert PP presentation to DVD in one step. It's cool.

5. Shanks

Shanks TS Rookie

Hi folks! :)
    I wanted to ask the same question but than I found this thread. I downloaded "presentation to video converter" at geovid. Looks good. Also I like site's service support. They gave me a couple worth advices. :)

P.S. Thanks for link guys!

6. Shanks

Shanks TS Rookie

By the way presentation to video converter converts ppt also to flash and gif animations. Thats why I converted some presentation to flash and loaded their to my friend's site. No bad...:). I thinks this tool is better than I tried before.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.