TechSpot

how to convert powerpoint to dvd

By bradthegreat
Aug 29, 2006
  1. my question is simple - I want to convert my powerpoints to dvd burnable material so I can put them on dvds and give them to people who can in turn watch them on their TVs.

is there a good way to do this, ideally for free? has this topic already been discussed elsewhere?

2. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 TS Rookie Posts: 137

try downloading this: http://www.geovid.com/Presentation_to_Video_Converter/

convert your powerpoint files into an Mpeg file and then burn it onto a CD. Then play it on an Mpeg compatible DVD player. Or once you converted your powerpoint file to Mpeg you could then converter that file with a Mpeg to DVD converter.

3. bradthegreat

bradthegreat TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 104

that looks like a good deal. I dunno about the price tag though !! :0 I'll see what features the free download has to offer

4. Speedle

Speedle TS Rookie

I have Presentation to Video Converter. Yeah it costs, but it's very useful. I can convert PP presentation to DVD in one step. It's cool.

5. Shanks

Shanks TS Rookie

Hi folks! :)
    I wanted to ask the same question but than I found this thread. I downloaded "presentation to video converter" at geovid. Looks good. Also I like site's service support. They gave me a couple worth advices. :)

P.S. Thanks for link guys!

6. Shanks

Shanks TS Rookie

By the way presentation to video converter converts ppt also to flash and gif animations. Thats why I converted some presentation to flash and loaded their to my friend's site. No bad...:). I thinks this tool is better than I tried before.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.