How to convert wired printer into Wi-Fi?

Navin Talati

I have an old (of about yr. 2008) wired printer: HP LaserJet M1005 MFP. It still works best, and no issue in its working.
Is there any way out to convert it in to Wi-Fi ?1
OR
Any attachment / interphase comes which may serve the purpose?
Please guide.
Regards.

I agree that this isn’t worth doing. A usb lead is very easy for connection and extremely reliable. Even with printers that have wifi built in they can be a real pain. They let you down just when you need to print something off urgently. A wifi dongle for a printer without wifi capability is likely to pose a huge challenge.

You say that it's working so maybe just leave it at that. From your posts I'd say there's no chance of you getting this printer working via wifi.

I have an old (of about yr. 2008) wired printer: HP LaserJet M1005 MFP. It still works best, and no issue in its working.
Is there any way out to convert it in to Wi-Fi ?1
OR
Any attachment / interphase comes which may serve the purpose?
Please guide.
Regards.
You can enable Wi-Fi printing for your HP LaserJet M1005 MFP with either ethernet or wirless adapter:

1. Ethernet: If your printer has an Ethernet port (usually a rectangular port), connect it to your router using an Ethernet cable. This will allow your printer to be on your network and accessible wirelessly.
  2. Wireless Adapter: Check with HP to see if they offer a wireless adapter specifically for your printer model. These adapters are rare for older models, but worth checking for compatibility.

Back