How to fix a Nat Error on Azureus, Mac osx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I'm having some trouble with a Nat error on Azureus, could someone please point me in the direction of fixing it

Thanks

If you have enabled firewall in OSX, you need to allow the proper ports.

The firewall is in System Preferences -> Sharing -> Firewall. Click the "New" button to add more ports to it.

That PortForward site is genial !

Worked for me and my old-old 3Com 3C510.

Cheers

p.s. btw, I don't have a Mac, eh.

Heeellllp

I I went to the postforward.com site because i'm having a NAT problem on Azureus and they told me to start setting up port forwarding on my Linksys WRT54G router and i followed all the steps up until when they told me i needed to set up a static Ip address...because one of the final steps for setting up this static IP address is that i need to know my DNS server...they suggested i call my ISP to get that information but when i called (Comcast) they told me that they wont release that information unless i have a business account. Is their any way i can get my DNS server information without them? Or anyway to setup my port forwarding without a static IP address? Or anyway to fix my NAT problem a different way? Please Please can anyone help me? Please any help is much appreciated.

dogmorph2 said:
I I went to the postforward.com site because i'm having a NAT problem on Azureus and they told me to start setting up port forwarding on my Linksys WRT54G router and i followed all the steps up until when they told me i needed to set up a static Ip address...because one of the final steps for setting up this static IP address is that i need to know my DNS server......

Or anyway to setup my port forwarding without a static IP address? Or anyway to fix my NAT problem a different way? Please Please can anyone help me? Please any help is much appreciated.

Port forward is from the router to a FIXED IP address on your lan.
Your DNS has nothing to do with it, unless you need users on the Internet to find you
in which case you need DnyDNS.com solution.

You first FIX the IP address of your system, either by a manual IP setup, or by
mapping the NIC card MAC address into a fixed IP address every time your system
comes online.

Then you access the router and Port Forward ports xx,yy,zz to the fixed address :)

You do not need any support from your ISP either.

I'm a noobie :/

Ok thank you for helping but um you lost me completely lol. I was getting the yellow smiley on azureus and so like they told me here on one of the forums to go to portforward.com. But the problem is while i was trying to configure my IP address the computer asked for "DNS Servers" and i wasn't able to get that info from my ISP. And when i did it without that info my internet stopped working.

from any system that has working browser access to webpages,

just get a command prompt and enter ipconfig /all
the dns address will be shown :)

thank you again but um i hate to like um be a downer and ask another question but um how do i get to the command prompt on a mac os?

ok wait i found terminal in mac os x and i tried ipconfig /all and it didnt work =/ am i doing something wrong? Thanks for all you're help so far though

oops; soory, I lost focus that you're on a Mac!

upper left Apple icon, click and pull down to System Preferences

click network
the DNS setting should be shown.

dogmorph2 said:
ok wait i found terminal in mac os x and i tried ipconfig /all and it didnt work =/ am i doing something wrong? Thanks for all you're help so far though
oops; you forgot you're on a Mac :) ipconfig is a windows command.

jobeard said:
oops; soory, I lost focus that you're on a Mac!

click network
the DNS setting should be shown.[/QUOTE
*sigh* things just dont seem to be going my way. Sorry to pester you again but the dns servers box is empty.

yaaay i did a google search and got the terminal command and plop came up to nameserver things which i'm assuming are my dns server stuff. Thank you so much for your help i'd be lost without it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back