How to get into the laptop?

By radu1986
Apr 7, 2007
  1. Hey guys, I "finally" managed to damage my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M1437G Realtek sound card and I want to remove my laptop's back cover; I removed all the screws, but I can't get it open; it's like the back cover is glued to the rest of the body.
    My Realtek output and Mic input are on the left side, right next to the DVD Unit.
    I believe only the final audio amp is toasted, because I can still use the Mic.
    If u guys know or have an ideea for this problem PLEASE post some solutions.
  2. radu1986

radu1986 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Oh, and by the way... Can these sound cards be purchased separately, I mean without the laptop? thanks again
  3. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

No, the sound controller is integrated to the motherboard.
  4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

laptops generally aren't serviceable by end-users. With few execeptions there is generally nothing to upgrade except hds, CD/DVDs, and RAM.
  5. radu1986

Yes, but the sound controler is not damaged, the only thing that is toasted is the final amp, and that is separated from the mother board, I'm pretty sure of that.
    But the actual problem is that I cannot get the back side cover open... and I don't want to force it out :D.
    Thanks again
  6. radu1986

Come on guys don't leave me please
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.