How to increase FPS to 60 FPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

death

Hi guys;

I have ATI Radeon 64MB video card and I want to increase my FPS to 60 FPS, but I don't know how to change and where to change it from............

I think the problem here is you might not know enough about how graphics cards work to ask the right question.

I'm thinking what you really mean to ask is how to get the best FPS from a certain game or all of your games. If that's the case, then tell us what these games are and what kind of computer you have (How fast it is in MHz, what kind of ATI 64mb Radeon card you have, how much memory you have etc..) and we'll give you the best suggestions on how to keep your FPS around a smooth 60FPS or better.

"60FPS" isn't an option or something you can toggle on and off. You have to earn it, with the right computer components, choosing the right settings etc...

60FPS means 60 frames per second. 60FPS is considered a nice standard where most games run smoothly. No games will run precisely at 60FPS though. Some might run at 300FPS, where others might run like a slide show at 10FPS on your computer.

Getting 60FPS might mean getting a new video card for you, or perhaps you just need some tweaking.

Well, that made me look dum...........lol.............You are right I was asking this for certain game. I was trying to play Driver 2 on ePSXe and it was running too fast; however, I found out that I could just tell the emulator to automatically change the FPS for according to each game........I was running at 200FPS (thats why the game was fast)......I don't want to tweak or buy any new parts as I don't have much knowledge of tweaking and don't have enough money.... But just in case I have 2100+ AMD athlon, 512DDR ram, 8500LE ATI RADEO 64MB graphics card, and 80GB hard drive space......

However, If I were to buy a new cheap Video card in future, which will be better. Do I need to buy more memory? because when I play Battlefield 1942 online it tends to slow down sometimes...........any solutions.

Thanks guys................TechSpot is the best place to get help.

Hello, im new to the site but i was going to ask for help too.

I have a SR1050NX with, 3200 AMD Athion Processor, 512MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM memory, 200GB 7200 RPM ULTRASMA hard drive, CDROM drive Max Speed. VisionTEk Xtasy 9200 256MB. and i get lag on some games like BF1942 forgotten hope, Soldiers Heros of WW2. and those are the only games i get lag on badly. How can i increase or see the FPS im currently running. i Heard the eye cant tell the difference between 60 and 80 FPS.

Im basicly broke too.

Urgent

Hi Presently i have a athlon 3500+ and a nvidia geforce 6800 GT 256mb 1 gb of ram... water cooling asus A8v deluxe Motherboard adn i still run into problems wile im running games or even benchmarks my computer just stops in the benchmark becasue its getting like 3 fps which is terrible and im ashamed of it i believe its a virus and i was thinhking of reformatiing my hardrive but then i was thinking that the problem was in the bios and that would result in more problems..... please help me my computer right now is bearly writing this blog......and in the case of money i can afford to change anything to whatever i want.

i was playing the fear demo the other day and my pc slowed down a bit. i have
sempron 3100+, DFI lanparty ut nf3 250gb mainboard 512mb ram, 200gig of harddrive space, 6600gt
morphous

to the guy who's comp only got 3fps on benchmarks. What were you using? The most i've ever gotten is 4fps on the Computer tests on 3dMark05...it's supposed to be that low, because it's not using your video card to render.

hah, well...in that case then. maybe your power supply isn't giving your video card the juice it needs. i dunno what bios settings would mess any thing up...maybe the cool 'n quiet if you have that?

Rick said:
I think the problem here is you might not know enough about how graphics cards work to ask the right question.

I'm thinking what you really mean to ask is how to get the best FPS from a certain game or all of your games. If that's the case, then tell us what these games are and what kind of computer you have (How fast it is in MHz, what kind of ATI 64mb Radeon card you have, how much memory you have etc..) and we'll give you the best suggestions on how to keep your FPS around a smooth 60FPS or better.

"60FPS" isn't an option or something you can toggle on and off. You have to earn it, with the right computer components, choosing the right settings etc...

60FPS means 60 frames per second. 60FPS is considered a nice standard where most games run smoothly. No games will run precisely at 60FPS though. Some might run at 300FPS, where others might run like a slide show at 10FPS on your computer.

Getting 60FPS might mean getting a new video card for you, or perhaps you just need some tweaking.

well it doesnt really matter if someone gets 300 fps cause it wont actually be going that fast

ur monitors refresh rate say for example 60Hz means that the monitor can only display 60 fps. if it goes over then it starts "tearing" which is damaging. and there is no monitor with 300Hz refresh rate....on the market u wont find monitors that go over 120Hz..

Help!

Hey everyone, im running 3.06ghz P4 processor, 1Gb Ram, 256Mb x800 pro gfx card, 100Gb space on hardrive. I play counte striek source and am gettign aroudn 15fps! any ideas how to increase it? it shouldnt be that low

PLEASE HELP!

Run the game at a lower screen resolution and/or drop the details and turn off antialiasing.

All you people just posting your problems here should make new threads instead of posting in an existing thread.

Neighbor Kid said:
Hello, im new to the site but i was going to ask for help too.

I have a SR1050NX with, 3200 AMD Athion Processor, 512MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM memory, 200GB 7200 RPM ULTRASMA hard drive, CDROM drive Max Speed. VisionTEk Xtasy 9200 256MB. and i get lag on some games like BF1942 forgotten hope, Soldiers Heros of WW2. and those are the only games i get lag on badly. How can i increase or see the FPS im currently running. i Heard the eye cant tell the difference between 60 and 80 FPS.

Im basicly broke too.

You are right! The human eye cannot see faster than 60FPS. This is why I don't understand how people rave about how their video card is 100FPS over someone's 80FPS, when you can't notice it! The lowest I can bear to handle for a game is 12FPS or else I will go crazy over the lag.

lol Cfitzarl =P

Well yeah when I play Counterstrike I get 230-300FPS at medium-high qaulity with only a 6200 PCI videocard but I put low resolution

But if you really want to stop crying over lag and low FPS then I recommend building your own comp with awesome parts in it and everything...

There are 10000000s of guides on how to build a computer on google just incase you dont know and if you think it will be exspensive.... most builds are pretty cheap, my build gets really good FPS on any game including Fear and BF2 on very high / Ultra and only cost me about $800 instead of spending my lifes savings on a crap dell or Alienware ( which cost like $4000 )

TimeParadoX said:
lol Cfitzarl =P

Well yeah when I play Counterstrike I get 230-300FPS at medium-high qaulity with only a 6200 PCI videocard but I put low resolution

But if you really want to stop crying over lag and low FPS then I recommend building your own comp with awesome parts in it and everything...

There are 10000000s of guides on how to build a computer on google just incase you dont know and if you think it will be exspensive.... most builds are pretty cheap, my build gets really good FPS on any game including Fear and BF2 on very high / Ultra and only cost me about $800 instead of spending my lifes savings on a crap dell or Alienware ( which cost like $4000 )

Or "Death" could open a thread asking what computer components to buy (since active users might be a bit easier than reading a guide made to agree with thousands of people). He would get a custimized list just for him to build. He could also get help on the thread as well.

How can i run on best fps

Im tryin to play age of conan and i wanna run on the best fps i can on medium setting, i got 4gb ram nvidia geforce 8500 intel core 2 quad and windows vista i got a m9200t and i wana know how i can run that game fast. my comp is 3 weeks old to a month

The answer to that is already in many of the posts in this thread. Did you read the thread?

Posts #2, 13, and 14 are the relevant ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back