TechSpot

how to install .iso files

By CCCC
Oct 4, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi.

Recently I had trouble with system overheating while playing (pc dvd) video games due to dvd drive working excessively. So I decided to make an .iso file and not use dvd/drive at all.

I saved .ISO, used winrar to extract the files and managed to install it but after clicking "game icon" to start playing it says "no disc inserted"?

I don't get it, it installed properly, shouldn't it be able to recognise all the files and everything?

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

As it says, it wants a disc. You will have to use some virtual CD software like Daemon Tools or Alcohol.
  3. soulasassin

soulasassin TS Rookie

alcohol 120 would be best, basically it sets aside a portion of ur hard drive to use as a virtual cd/dvd drive. simply install alcohol, copy across the files and u shud be good to go
  4. carterpa

carterpa TS Rookie

personally i find Daemon Tools much easier to use.
    Download it here:

http://www.download.com/Daemon-Tools/3000-7970_4-10376892.html?tag=lst-0-2

Just install it (no restart required) and click once on the icon in the taskbar. Click on virtual drives and selct how many "drives" you want. then click mount image, and browse to where your keeping the .iso file. Takes about 4 seconds and your ready to go. I found it great
  5. Piemii

Piemii TS Rookie

Hello, i tried to use Daemon tools to start my program, but the program still said that the wrong disc was inserted. I have even tried burning my own disc, but it still says incorrect disc. Do you know how i could overcome this problem?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.