TechSpot

How to merge 2 USB Drive (flash memory) partitions?

By Creutzy
Jun 15, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello!I have a problem whith my mp3 player.I have a Microdia 256 mb flash memory mp3 player.It has a utility called "Mp3 player disk tool" it has a option to encrypt the drive....this turns the drive into two partitions.One of which is encrypted, i know the password and everything but i want to merge the two partitions into 1, to get rid of the encrypted one.(the utility doesn't have this option, and it doesn't say anything about merging...).But i don't have a clue on how to do this.Can someone help me please?
  2. fastco

fastco TS Rookie Posts: 1,511

3. Creutzy

Creutzy TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank's...but i don't know if merging is going to do the trick anymore.I did something stupid and formated the drive and noe it only shows me te 18 m partition...i looked in divice manager and i can see the other partition but i can't do anything whith it.I'll try geting it back to the store i bought it from, it's still in warrranty, they'll probably fix it or switch it.Hopefully...
  4. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,177

The exact same thing just happened to me. I have a 128MB usb drive that somehow got to two partitions. I can do anything with either partition except format the 1st one. Anyone else have any ideas.
  5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

use any partitioning program like partition magic.
    They will de-partition a drive as well.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.