TechSpot

how to provide proper port to maximise utorrent download?

By ashwa
Jul 24, 2007
  1. hi,

i am trying to speed up my utorrent by using its speed guide.

i am having yellow warning sign at bottom saying "no incoming connections unless the icon turns green, it could indicate problem with your network connection"

i tried inputting different number in the "current port" tab, i dont know what a port is,how many ports we have,how to enable my port etc.

i am having winxp,lan card with cable-net connection. i am just n novice in computer hardware matters, can anyone guide me on how to speed up my utorrent, how to open the port to maximise the download.how to check ports?how to open them,which port should i enter in the ""current port" tab to maximise the download?

pls help,

thanks

2. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

it doesn't really matter what port you use but there are some that are used by things like email and web browsers etc

do you have a router?

3. ashwa

ashwa TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 56

no i dont have a router, i only have a lan card, no routers, what to do? pls advice

4. ashwa

ashwa TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 56

i have zonealarm as my firewall, does it makes any difference?

5. gguerra

gguerra TS Maniac Posts: 317

configure zonealarm to allow incoming and outgoing traffic through whatever port you decide to use. It is a random port that you can decide or let utorrent decide for you.

6. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

i've given you instructions on the other thread, here

this is why we discourage double posting threads ;)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.