How to remove McAffee av

learninmypc

I was on my Acer laptop this morning , surfing around when McAffee popped up (previously deleted) telling me I have 2 viruses, I clicked on close but it popped back up. Repeat & so I finally powered off, waited a bit & booted back up. As soon as I relaunched Google Chrome mcaffee came back. I powered off again, waited a bit & booted back up. Angry I reset my Acer to factory settings & went thru my C Drive because my acer came with the crap. How do I get the crap off my Acer laptop???

Did you try uninstalling it through Programs and Features/Apps and Features?

You can get there by right-clicking the start button. It'll show you a list of every installed app, including the bloatware that computer manufacturers always include to help subsidize the cost of the computers. You can uninstall any unwanted apps there.

Oddly enough, after I reset it this morning it did not get reinstalled. I've looked every where on the laptop & have not seen it, yet.

UPDATE, I just had pop ups from both McAffee & Norton, the latter has never been on this laptop to my knowledge, this laptop came with a trial of McAffee but it expired & removed to the best of my knowledge & never returned after a few factory resets. So, how can something supposedly gone, be popping up???

Did you try uninstalling it through Programs and Features/Apps and Features?

You can get there by right-clicking the start button. It'll show you a list of every installed app, including the bloatware that computer manufacturers always include to help subsidize the cost of the computers. You can uninstall any unwanted apps there.
Right clicking Start button shows this 1655851775872.png

So long as you already have av protection running and keep away from really suspect sites this is something to ignore. I have an Acer which came with a free trial of McAfee and now and again something pops up about McAfee - long removed from my PC. I can't find any trace of it. This morning I received an email saying my licence expired today and that I have 23 viruses on my computer. There is a link which I'll not be silly enough to click on. They'd like to update my subscription details. I don't think so and I've never subscribed to them. The email is now deleted from my junk mail folder.

Therre are several uninstaller programs. The one I use is Revo, there's a free version. Do a forced uninstall. It asks for the full name but I've had success with just putting in the main name like "McAfee".

Back