How to safely delete microsoft account

parmour

Just bought a new win 10 pavilion notebook and was setting it up so it bypassed the lock screen/password feature. It was doing as I set it up. It would log on to windows automaticaly . I downloaded an app from the app store and it made me sign in to a microsoft account to be able to download apps.

The next time I started the computer up it had the lock screen ( does not work ) and the name was chaned to my microsoft account name ( e-mail) and I had to sign in with my microsoft account password. it had hijacked or taken over my start-up that I already had configured when I set the computer up.

I know how to delete the microsoft account what I am concerned about is the feedback I have been reading about people not being able to access their computers after deleting microsoft account from their computers even after going to netplwiz and removing the click mark from having to use a password.

The user accounts on my computer show only the microsft account.

What should I do before deleting the Microsoft Account to insure I can get back on my computer and log in to windows ?

There is a local account option but it also has failed many trying to delete microsoft account. ( online forumms feedback)

What should I do ? How can I get rid of the Microsoft account without messing up my computer ?

Thanks,

Dale

The support they give is yes you can delete it but you may not be able to access your laptop afterwards and other online sites have stories about this problem. They tell you how to delete the microsoft sccount but not how to protect your computer from deleting it. Other sites have been helpful in giving assistance and steps to take before deleting the account.

Back