How to "seal" microsoft vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcrepairs247

Hi guys

got 2 comps that i am putting on ebay to raise some cash.

I want to pre-install vista home prem on these pc's, load it without the cd key entered. I then want to "seal" it , i think its called that?

So when the buyer gets it, they have to enter the coa key as soon as the pc is switched on.

Could any one give me some advice on how to do this, or point me in the right direction.

thanks for your time in reading this

why is that?

I am sending legal vista out with the system

however i want it so they have to activate it once they get it, so it looks brand new

Once you've installed Vista I believe you have thirty days to activate before the system refuses to run properly. You could simply install the OS & leave it up to the final user to activate it once they've received the system or is that not enough ? Do you really wish for them to enter the serial key ?

yes it would help. I once went in computer shop and one of the tech guys showed me how to do it with xp, he put in xp disk clicked on a program from disk, it then allowed him to seal it, he said to me this is how you seal a pc. He reckons its the legal way to send out a pc if there is no coa attached.

Also if i do find the soloution to this, do you think it would stop the 30 day count down timer until the customer enters the key?

Well there isn't much info available on the matter. I believe that at this point your best bet would be to contact the person that had showed you how to do it the first time.

Well, based on my cooperative experiences in April.

I installed quite few of vista machines.

All you have to make a copy each of vista version ( Basic, Home premium, Business and Ultimate)

When the customer request it. do not use the new cd, instead just pop in the duplicated cd and install it.

Like Didou says, you have 30 days to activate it with a customer's COA.

A customer may decide if they want to do it by themself, just explain them how to install the vista.

If you have some time, show them how to install it.

If a customer buys the vista, you can install it, but you don't HAVE to activate it. Just a good plan in case he don't want vista, decide to give it back.

All you need to find if the vista isn't activated yet, you can reformat it and re-sold the vista package. If it is activated, he has to buy another one he wanted, it cannot be exchanged or refunded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back