How To Tell A Proper W10 Home Retail From OEM/I?

Tommygunn

I have found a very good price for an English International Windows 10 Home, supposadly KW9-00017. However, the seller seems to be under the impression that it might be OEM/OEI which is why it is about €40 cheaper than usual.
What specific questions can I ask him to determine if it is a proper, transferable retail version of the English Int. OS or some one shot OEM/OEI?
Is the packaging gatefold(docs, USB, key code etc) for the retail and a grubby envelope for the OEM/I version? If it has KW9-00017 on the box does that pin it down as a retail English International transferable copy?

The ad also states that it is a USB copy, if that helps at all, and the photo is of a generic gatefold W10 Home box.

Some other info, and this might pin it down, the only code showing on the advert is this: x19-92030-03.
Can anyone decipher it and determine exactly what language and type of W10 Home it is?

Any ideas?
Tom.

A "one shot OEM version" is not an inferior imitation of the real thing and most installations are OEM. If the seller doesn't make it clear what is on offer don't buy it. I've bought a few OEM validation keys on eBay and have so far found the sellers to be completely reliable. If you want to buy a physical disk for the Retail version the price will be much higher. Check feedback for sellers and take your time.

Think of OEM as the same as the free update from previous qualifying Windows OS's it's only good for the PC initially installed on where as retail copies allow you to reinstall it on new hardware without the limitations of OEM/free update

Back