How to Tweak MapleStory/Graphic Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

textus

Err... I am trying to play a game on my P3 Com... MapleStory. From the looks of it, its like totally 2D. However, the system requirements state that a graphic card with 3D acceleration is needed. My P3 Com is running on a 4MB Cirrus Logic GD5465 Graphic Card that is generations older than the average card. When I run the game, a prompt pops out saying "Failed in finding proper screen mode in Gr2D."

Is there a program or a way to trick the game/computer/graphic card in to thinking my com runs on a graphic card that has 3D acceleration? Whats the latest driver for this old card?

Thanks!

P.S. When I ran dxdiag on the RUN from the start menu and click on the display tab... it shows: "Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer." Hope you guys can help.

Computer Specs:
Intel Pentium III Processor
557MHz
128MBRAM
4MB Cirrus Logic GD5465 Graphic Card

no one can help me? T_T
I don't think my parents will allow me to buy a new graphic card since they would probably ask the reason for the sudden upgrade. And they really hate games... so I can't like tell them its for a gaming purpose. -_-

Thanks once again.

P.S. Donate me a graphic card anybody? T_T

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Without upgrading your graphics card to one that does support 3d, you`re not going to be able to play the game.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Erm... okay, that leads me to only one choice. Whats the cheapest graphic card on the net that has 3D acceleration and whats the most possible way to get it without the knowledge of my parents. Or is there another way out of this? Thanks.

textus said:
Erm... okay, that leads me to only one choice. Whats the cheapest graphic card on the net that has 3D acceleration and whats the most possible way to get it without the knowledge of my parents. Or is there another way out of this? Thanks.

Take a look HERE for a selection of videocards to suit every pocket.

Don`t ask me to recommend one though, as I don`t play games, and therefore I`m not the best person to advise you.

As for getting one behind your parents back. I don`t think this is a very good idea. I usually find honesty is the best policy.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back