How to Volt-mod your ATI Radeon videocard @ TechSpot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
I'll start off by saying this guide is not meant for everyone, however if you want to take overclocking to the extreme, this should be it.

[center][/center]

Given the variety of the Radeon family (different cores and memory configurations) we had to go from generalities to more specific issues that came up in the road, fortunately this wasn't such a bad thing as you might even be able to figure out how to volt mod a Geforce FX board with little research, using our guide as a basis.

And so, we took a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro videocard and modded it for maximum overclockability. Despite of the fact that we missed testing using watercooling, results using the stock cooling unit was pretty decent. Read on.

Volt modding is for hardcore people. Not for me. Especially if I had a 9800 Pro. Screwed it up and you just lost an expensive card and warrenties don't work because you were screwing around.

sheesh. if i had a 9800 or anything near it... i'd just smile and slap it in my box. I wouldn't go near it with a soldering iron, no way. (if that's how it's done). I'm just too appreciative of what i do have when i get somethin nice to risk killing it. that said, the stuff people can do is impressive, given time, money, and know-how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back