HP Audio Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swc0671

Hey there, I have an HP a614n computer package and it has onboard sound. It has quit working for some reason and I can't seem to get it to work again. Device manager shows that it is installed correctly but I get no sound. When I go to "Control Panel" "Sounds and Audio Devices" is comes up showing "No Audio Device". Not sure hwat has gone wrong here but I need the sound to work. I went out and bought a new Sound Blaster card and put it in and it will not work either even after I have turned off the BIOS setting for the Audio.

Does anyone have a clue what I might have wrong? (Yes the speakers do work in another device)

You didn't mention it but did you install the driver for the SB card?

services

make sure the windows audio service is runnin
run-->services.msc-->enable windows audio
im considering writng a post about what most windows services do..in time..

Still I have a message that says No Audio Device on the Volumn tab in Sounds and Audio Devices from Control Panel.

What can turn off the Audio Device? The Sound Blaster Card shows that it is working fine.

Remove the sound drivers from the Device Manager and reboot the system. As the system starts up, follow directions and install the sound drivers from there

I have set the audio serevice to automatic and restarted after I restarted that. It didn't work. I just removed the sound drivers from the device manager and rebooted and reinstalled the software and it still shows me No Audio Device. Is there a setting that tells the computer that you have an audio device?

swc0671,
if the system says no audio device, you won't have the little blue speaker in the taskbar. Go back intothe bios and make sure the on-board audio is still enabled in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back