HP Compaq c300 laptop screen problems

By richerich
Jul 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hi
    basically I have a compaq c300
    the screen was slightly damaged it had a couple of realy thin lines on the right hand side of the screen, but still worked great.
    I bought the same model cheap that had a good screen on it but had mobo problems,
    it also had a much nicer palm rest touch pad, so I decided to take the mobo out of my laptop and put my one into the nicer casing of the other one.
    when I attached the screen back on it is showing a display like the backlight has gone, I have swapped and put the old screen back on but it still just showing a very faint image like no back light ! I have swapped the invertors around the cables around, reinstalled windows tried different ram, hard reseting the machine, stripping it back down to the mobo 3 times to make sure there is no loose connections etc, what could be causing this, I cant get neither screen to work ? some1 please help ! also the laptop works perfect when attached to my tv via vga ,
    I thank you for any advice you can give me "I am soooo tired and depressed because of this now but wont give up ;) "

I will be back on later 11 am london england time, to check if there are any replys ,
    thanks alot
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,682   +153

Any progress on this?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.