HP dv5 heat issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently purchased an HP dv5-1015tx laptop(P7350,3GB DDR2-800 Ram,250 GB@5400 rpm HDD,Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT,Standard resolution(1280*800) brightview infinity display......The problem is the idle temperatures of the 9600M GT is always between 55-65 degrees celsius(with the back of the laptop raised by about 2 inches) and while running Race Driver Grid and playing it for about 15 min, the card gets burning hot at 100-102 degrees celsius...is this something seriously abnormal for a laptop? Is it even abnormal for a DV5 as they are known to generate enormous amounts of heat? The palmrest becomes very hot that occasionaly I have to remove my hand! Also the keyboard becomes warm...Please help me out guys!:(

The newer HP laptops have a known overheating issue that normally takes out the wireless card first..and then continues destroy more and more of the laptop. There only solution to this is updating the bios to make the fans spin faster to compensate. Go to hp.com and find a bios update for your laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back