HP envy 1038-nr

By highlander84
Jul 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. When I bought this computer it had windows 7 on it. it ran everything lag/shutter free. I have since upgraded to windows 8 then to 8.1. The problem is the audio and video noticeably lags/shutters. As if the entire computer is pausing. I have talked to HP tech support and they only reinstalled the drivers. All drivers are current. I am fairly sure it has something to do with the HD4k graphics but I do not know for sure. I was hoping the 8.1 would resolve the problem but it has not. I have this problem whenever I watch videos (on the internet or from file) and when I play World of tanks. Any help would be great
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,040   +223

I seen similar comments re "since upgrading to Win/8" and (imo) think the drivers are not 'fully compatible' with the new system.
  3. highlander84

highlander84 TechSpot Member Topic Starter Posts: 89   +17

So no good news till new drivers come... I think this might take a while. So long in fact I might go back to Windows 7...
  4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,492   +73

HP told me to stick with Windows 7. Let them send you the recovery disk for your system. Windows 8 with the $14 bucks upgrade wasn't so great for me. MS was too quick to release this newer OS.
  5. highlander84

highlander84 TechSpot Member Topic Starter Posts: 89   +17

Guess that is what I will do. Thanks :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.