HP F2210 printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie61

I just bought a new HP F2210 all in one and am having trouble with the printer. The scanner and copier work fine. The printer puts out blank pages when you try to print. Is this a software problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks,
Charlie

Please return under warranty
If copy works, it must be printer fault

I am assuming you are just trying to print a test page, or from notepad as a test though?
ie you haven't colored the text white before printing or something?

Did you install the printer software ? I.e. the printer driver ? Do you realise that connecting the printer USB cable is the very LAST thing you do when installing the printer driver ? RTFM

Thanks kimsland & gbhall,

I did exactly as the set up instructions explained. It will copy and also the scanner works. The printer will print part of a page one time and the next time it will just run the paper through fast with no printing at all.

I uninstalled the complete program and did a re-install and got the same results.
I noticed on the HP site that there is a software update but I don't know if it will correct this problem. I thought I might try it and see.

Thanks

Well I have tried everything including chat with HP. The printer will still not work. We are trying to use it on a Windows XP without SP2 or 3. We have done everything that HP suggested and it still won't print.

I got this from HP about the printer problem. The OS on the computer does not have the "Data Execution Prevention" on the Performance Setting tab. This OS is just Windows XP Home Edition without SP-2 or 3. Step 2 didn't work either.
Any ideas?

This e-mail is a follow-up to your recent Chat session. As promised earlier, here is the solution to the issue you mentioned during our chat session.

Follow the below set of instructions on the computer to resolve the issue:
===============================================================

Step 1:
======

The problem was Windows XP's "Data Execution Prevention" feature, which is a security setting to avoid buffer overflow type hacker attacks.

Please try the below steps, this will resolve the issue:

1. Click on Start
2.Control Panel->System->Advanced->Performance->Settings->Data Execution Prevention

It needs to be set to "Turn on for essential windows programs only", which is the default.

If you set it to "Turn on for all programs except those I specify", then the all-in-one driver stops working and you get blank pages.

Once done, restart the computer and try to print a document from the computer and check the result. If the issue persists, install the alternate drivers of the All-in-One by following the below instructions.

Step 2:
=======

Installing the Alternate drivers

1. In the computer, click Start button >> Control Panel >> open Printers and Faxes folder and click on "Add Printer".
2. Click Next and When prompted, choose Local, and then click Next.
3. Click to clear the Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play Printer check box, and then click Next.
4. Choose the port as LPT 1, and then click Next.
5. In the Manufacturers list, choose HP.
6. In the Printer list, choose the HP HP Deskjet 990C printer, and then click Next.
7. Click No when the "Do you want your Windows based programs to use this printer as your default printer?" message appears. Then click Next.
8. Click No when the "Would you like to print a test page (recommended)" message appears. Then, click Finish.

Configure the alternate printer driver

1. Right click the Deskjet 990C printer icon in printers folder and select Properties.
2. Select the Details or Ports tab.
3. Select the port as USB virtual for printer.
4. Then click on Advanced tab and select the option print directly to printer.
5. Then click on Ok to save the settings.

Once done, try to print from the computer and check the result. If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the complete HP software from the computer.

Since SP1 there have been so many changes to XP-home that it is effectively a new OS. It could well be you will not get this working without updating the SP2 or preferably SP3. If you download the full SP3, you will not need to install SP2 first, I believe.

Read this first http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

I got this from HP about the printer problem. The OS on the computer does not have the "Data Execution Prevention" on the Performance Setting tab. This OS is just Windows XP Home Edition without SP-2 or 3. Step 2 didn't work either.
Any ideas?
What?

You don't have SP2 or 3 ?

You must update to SP2
Then update to SP3
Sad I know, but that's how MS have made it. SP3 cannot go on SP1 Directly

What a waste of time that was!
I have to re-think my responses, I use to say Please put your System Specs information in your Profile as my first step in diagnosing. Maybe I should go back to that.

I finally got the printer to working. I installed SP-2 on the computer. I don't know why HP support did not indicate the need for SP-2 especially after I asked them on their chat line and also on the phone if that could be the problem.

Thanks for all the help

Hp f2210

Have also purchased HP F2210 printer. With all the problems am afraid to even try to install. I have XP professional Version 2002, service pack 2, AMD Athlon Processor, 1.20 GHz, 112 MB Ram. According to system properties. Should I even try to install this printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back