HP G7 17" screen starts up white and stays white

By Iam_shine
Jan 12, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. My Hp pavilliin g7 series laptop running windows 7 home starts up with white screen and no beeps or sounds . Started freezing on Hp logo screen last week only sometimes. Id turn off and it would work on second try. About a year and a half ago I used laptop to preview windows 8. And after I reinstalled windows 7 it has been acting funny. Ie freezing and louder fan noise. I did recently update the bios and a pci device driver that never installed. But now it has white screen this morning. I shut off and powered up and still white.
    I took off battery and pressed power for 10 sec plugged back in and still white. Still no noise.
    Any ideas?
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,689   +153

Try attaching an external monitor and notice what it displays...
  3. Iam_shine

Iam_shine Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 79

4. Iam_shine

It works with external monitor

So I wonder what went wrong with it, do you think it can be fixed or repolaced?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
  5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,689   +153

Yes the laptops display can be fixed. It may be a broken LCD cable that runs from the LCD panel to the laptops motherboard. Or the problem can be with the LCD panel itself... In either case, a laptop repair technician will have to repair this for you
  6. Iam_shine

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.