HP Printer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZimFast

I have an HP all-in-one printer 1300 series and I can't seem to open the HP Director on my desktop. When i double click on it it just opens in the background and I do not see the usual window that used to appear so I could print, scan, check ink level and all my printer's settings. I tried to uninstall and reinstall 3 times and It still runs in the background when I open it.

I can't even use my images or my scanned files from my HP. All this because HP Director won't run normally. I don't know what happened nor what is the problem since it used to work perfectly until one day, the window never appeared till I figured it was only running in the background thanks to the task manager.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

You will have to use a simple registry editor such as RegClean to completely removed the HP install, before re-installing it.
However, most HP 1300 series have a history of early failures.
If it was purchased less than a year ago, and you can tell them where and when, HP will send you a new or refurbished one that will last until the end of your original warranty. You will need to give them a credit card number, which they will hold until the defective printer is returned to HP (at their expense.)
HP tech support is impressively good, despite the foreign accents.
If out of warranty, you can buy a refurb for half price.
A new and pretty good 6940 is available for $129 at OfficeMax, so watch your pennies.
Similarly, a very good, very reliable Canon i4200 or i4300 is available cheaply. We have been very impressed. The i4200 can be had for under $50, and the i4300 lists at $98.
Sadly, there are not any multifunction or all-in-one printers with USB that we can recommend. We do not know of any which do not fail early.

I found the update that will fix that problem.

You can find it on HP's website HERE (on WINDOWS XP, otherwise go back on the menu to select your OS)

This is for those who have the HP Printer multifunction PSC 1350 all-in-One

"This update restores missing icons and contents of HP Director screens which may not function properly after upgrading to Microsoft Internet Explorer 7."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back