HP processor won't turn on... any suggestions?

Chassa

Hello everyone!

My son bought a used pc and moniter. It worked for a few months properly. Now, the moniter turns on but the pc won't turn on. He wants me to take a look at it. I haven't been over there yet, but I told him I would.

He said the pc doesn't make any noise or even light up and the fan doesn't turn on either when he pushes the button or holds the button in. It's powerless, a power failure. He checked all of the power cables to be certain the cords were attached correctly. The outlet works because the moniter turns on. I'm thinking it could be an adapter or usb device???? Any ideas?

I won't be able to respond to this until next week because I go into the hospital for surgery on Friday, and will be at the hospital tomorrow. I wish I could fast foward time by two weeks! So there's no hurry in the reply. I will check back when I get out of the hospital and am feeling better.

Thank you.

Chassa

Many power supplies have an on/off rocker switch at the back. I would make sure it didn't accidentally get turned off. If that isn't the problem, I would suspect the power supply has failed.

Mailpup,

Thank you for your reply. I made it out of the hospital fine, had open heart surgery! I'm glad to be alive!
I will tell my son of your suggestions, that the problem could be one of those two things.

Thanks again,
Chassa

Whoa! Glad the surgery turned out fine. Try to get back to us if the problem was solved or if not, we can go from there.

Back