HP's Windows-based tablet may live despite Palm purchase

By Jos
Jul 21, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. After HP completed its Palm acquisition earlier this month, everyone pretty much assumed the company would drop its plans of a Windows 7 equipped tablet and focus on webOS instead. Well, that may not be the case after all. A listing for the HP Slate 500 appeared yesterday on the company's site, depicting a device similar to the prototype shown at CES 2010, and now the PC manufacturer has officially confirmed this morning that the product is still very much in the works.

Read the whole story
  2. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,072   +75

3. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,576   +76

I would purchase one if they can get it to work with Windows 7 64-bit. Even though I have 4 new laptops with 2 being netbooks still just to have a touchscreen (pad/tablet/slate/edge) wireless system right there while I watch my HDTV would be a bit better than a netbook or full laptop. This is future of computing until they can have it so I could tell the system what to do out loud I will settle for this type of device for now!
  4. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 2,042   +62 Staff Member

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.