TechSpot

HTC One Mini Review: Downsizing the best Android phone

By Julio Franco
Oct 2, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,345   +806

It's a nice phone. I may consider a high end phone like this or the One if it didn't become obsolete after 10 minutes, the again fancy cameras, exotic materials etc. really have no appeal to me so I'll just stick with mid range stuff. They do everything I want from a phone and the price is more palatable.

2. Best one that doesn't seem to sell well. Poor HTC.

3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,156   +737

Not that it really matters, but only the Verizon HTC One has 4.2.2. Other US carriers are running 4.1 and will upgrade to 4.3 in the next week or two.

Completely true... the photos look great until you zoom in. You also can't really use the optical zoom when taking pictures or the pics look fuzzy. It's a bummer, but the upside is that you basically never have to use the flash in any amount of light that you could read in, so any pictures taken indoors have a natural light appearance without the washed out look a flash gives you.

I question the performance difference. Side by side comparisons may show the mini to be a slower phone than the full size, but taken by itself is the performance of the mini ok? A lower resolution screen means fewer pixels to render during many tasks, and a slight hesitation in opening apps isn't something a user will notice if they only they're using the mini.

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,062   +919

Like the review said, I feel like the regular One is a better value.

5. 4.7 maxi
    3.7 mini

This is what I want!

6. Nobina

Nobina TS Booster Posts: 428   +96

It's more like a weaker version of the phone, not smaller.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.