TechSpot

HTC pegged to build Google's Tegra K1-powered Nexus 9 tablet

By Shawn Knight
Sep 22, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. HTC is returning to the tablet industry - well, sort of. Google has selected HTC to build its next Nexus tablet, the Google Nexus 9, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal. If true, it'll be the first...

Read more

2. mosu

mosu TS Guru Posts: 422   +48

Same mistake, three years later, it will be too expensive thanks to Nvidia pricing. This move will doom HTC, only Nvidia would benefit from.Too bad, I did like HTC s premium smartphones.

3. Spect

Spect TS Member

I dunno... Nvidia's new gaming tablet called Shield Tablet has there new K1 processor along with other top level hardware and its $299 I believe. The price can only go down from there. I'm pretty sure google knows where that "sweet spot" is after the success of the Nexus 7.

4. mosu

mosu TS Guru Posts: 422   +48

Time will tell...I really want to be wrong.

5. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Guru Posts: 469   +97

I like Google's Nexus line and I still have love for my retired Htc Inspire. A good price and I might be tempted to buy.

6. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,752   +1,107

We know what it'll cost... it'll cost the same as Samsung's and Apple's comparably sized models. No one will pay extra for it because it has HTC on the front or an Nvidia sticker on the box. Google knows this and they'll plan for it. I expect something slightly better than the newest Samsung S tabs that are out. Although, if it's made from metal like their phones, it might be pretty heavy.