HTC U11 Review

I own this mobile, it's been with me for about 2 weeks now. I used to own an S7 edge, which was annoying due to the curved edges...It took me 1 year to get used to it, and not click things that were on the edge, by mistake while holding the phone. So this thick bezel design was a welcomed surprise for me. The screen is LCD but I like the way it looks, not as vibrant as the AMOLED, but more life like. The sound in the headphones provided is very good, but with the USB 3 to 3,5mm jack adapter, my SONY MDR1A Headphones are not fully powered, sound is good and clear, but less bass and max volume. The camera is at least just as good as the S7, although it's missing the 60fps movie mode, and also, the camera software is still a bit laggy and not really good touch responsive (hopefully this will be fixed as soon as I will receive the newest update). The battery lasts just as long as the S7 (with my way of using the phone). The volume buttons are a bit wobbly, so you'd better not dip it in the water. The phone is very very slippery, and combined with glass build, this could result in some unpleasant accidents. The phone luckily comes with a back cover, which is already scratched after 2 weeks, but at least the beautiful phone is intact. The software is snappy and responsive, for example the GPS locks much faster and more precise than my S7.

The phone is very very slippery, and combined with glass build, this could result in some unpleasant accidents. The phone luckily comes with a back cover, which is already scratched after 2 weeks, but at least the beautiful phone is intact.
I have an M8, love the all metal back, I work as a service technician and have dropped it several times on hard concrete floors.
Sure it's taken some dents but the screen is still pristine!
I really don't like glass backs and was sad to see HTC go this route, but maybe I will get it anyway.
The battery in my M8 is toast and finding a local repair shop seems nigh impossible.
That said I will wait for the reviews of the Nokia 8 as well.
To me the camera is super important, and we will see if they deliver!

I've had mine a couple of months. Overall I'm pretty happy with it, but have noticed that it's causing problems while using Android auto in my car. I've rebooted the phone, reflashed the cars head unit, changed USB cables. The home screen in the car freezes, but it won't while using Nav, phone, or playing music. I've even got debugging enabled from the phone to the cars USB port. Turning the head unit on/off seems to reset it. Hyundai have just updated the head unit, 11months after the Android Auto software was loaded. So not sure what the issue is. Something in the software appears to still be missing somewhere. But as far as the phone itself is concerned, it's pretty good.

Back