Huawei boss: We feel Tizen has no chance to be successful

By Shawn Knight
Aug 25, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The two dominant mobile operating systems - Android and iOS - are here to stay according to Huawei boss Richard Yu.

Read more
  2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,729   +1,092

I bet one day Samsung was having a board meeting about how to deal with Google and Android, and the boss got mad and said 'Forget 'em, we'll make our own mobile OS.'

There was obviously no one in the room with the courage to disagree with him.
  3. Thing is, if any one company would be able to pull this off, it would be Samsung. The company does so happen to command a respectable 20 - 30% market share. I'm by no means a Samsung fan, in fact I wouldn't touch their crappy phones ever, but one does have to appreciate their buying and pulling power. If they can successfully skin Tizen to work similarly to Android, coupled with the fact it can run most, if not all, Android apps, then they may just have a winner. By slowly weaning people off Android, it could well mean then end for Googles dominance in the mobile sector as Samsung is by far their largest phone manufacturer. Huawei is small time anyway, so what they say makes about as much sense as a canoe with a handbrake. At the end of the day, I hope they do succeed, as the more competition in the market the better.
    robb213 likes this.
  4. soulsassassin

soulsassassin TS Booster Posts: 68   +14

After bada OS I will never trust samsung again
  5. You forget that this time it isn't just Samsung, but numerous other large corporations throwing in their support for this platform.