Huawei unveils TalkBand B1 smart band at the Mobile World Congress

1. Huawei on Sunday officially unveiled their first ever wearable technology device at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Dubbed TalkBand B1, the device is a smart band that features a 1.4-inch flexible OLED panel fitted in a plastic case. It...

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,936

In other words it's expensive and doesn't do anything useful at the moment. I guess manufacturers have to start somewhere.
  3. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,408   +461

To me is what a smartwatch should be, show basic information, maybe do some fitness tracking for those who are interested in it, the wake up alarm thingie got my atention, long lasting battery and the ability to get a headset out of it sounds cool, we would have to see it on practice, also the price tag is reasonable and the design is quite cool.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,936

It will appeal to some people but the only thing I think it's got going for it is it's versatility to work with most Android phones. I never needed, wanted or missed anything like this in my life ever so I see no use it. Wearable tech for everyone but there must be a market for it or else why would manufacturers bother...