I am sure my laptop is infected

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby123

Just before I went to uni, i found i had viruses(well my laptop was running slow so I asked howard to help). I attached a log file etc and everything was fine. When I go to uni and did the avg antispyware run it found lots of trojans, I got rid of them by delete option. However my laptop is still running slow and sometimes programs crash. Its definetly not lack of memory and I am sure there are still viruses etc. Heres my new log please tell me how to fix my laptop.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of bobby123 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

1. What is your system information please?

2. Viruses, Trojans and Worms are usually prevented or found on a scan using the anti-virus program.

3. Spyware/adware programs do not remove viruses, Trojans and Worms. Spyware/Adware programs prevent or remove spyware and adware. Did you update and scan with your antivirus program?

4. Systems can also run slow from having too many processes starting up on boot and running in the background. That can be controlled by using the msconfig utility

5. Systems require regular maintenance to include disc clean-up, error checking and defrag, in addition to security scans.

6. Programs may crash while in use either to too many programs running at one time or an error in the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back