I don't have control of my sound card

Hurriken

Last year I bought a Creative SB (see my specs) to replace my on board card. I am constantly having problems. For example I run the following games. Call Of Duty:UA, IL2, Red Orchestra. I also use TeamSpeak. I was using a Razer headset but cord got yanked and the mic quit working. Now I'm using a cheap USB headset. When I switched I couldn't get the headset to work. I tried everything. Then suddenly it started working, I'm not even sure what I did. The problem was I no longer had sound through my speakers, only the headset. Then after several months suddenly the headset went dead. I spent an hour trying to figure out why. Again, I have no clue what I did, but it started working again. This time I had Teamspeak on the headset and all game and browser sounds from the speakers. Tonight it happened again. Now I have game sounds in the headset and teamspeak on the speakers. What the heck is going on here and is there a way to straighten it out?

Also, if there is a better way to write this post please explain. I'd like to learn for future reference.

Hi Hurriken,

firstly great choice of game IL2 :p

When you bought the cheaper headset was there software that came with it? ther maybe some default settings that are causing changes to the sound to be made. Also stupid question i know but i have done this myself - have you got all the leads in the right place i.e speakers in green jack + mic in pink jack?

You could also try updating your SB drivers just in case but doubt the issues is there. It may alos be worth spending a couple of mins checking the Sound config settings on the SB Card software making sure that your headset is setup correctly there

Hope this helps
James

Well if you have a built in card then as long as the jacks are plugged into your sound card and not the buitl in one then no it shouldn't be affectng it really.

You could check perhaps when you load the games up to see if they show your SB card in the Audio options. Unliekly but some games do allow you to select a Sound card.

Back